Masai Village

Masai Village

Friday, August 15, 2014

Going on Safari

Oh Hogle Zoo however will I visit you again? I have been spoiled: Tigers, zebra's, cheetahs, hippos, monkeys, baboons, gazelle, wildebeest, ostrich, leopards, elephant, giraffes.... There were zebra's and wildebeest for as far as the eye could see. We saw so many giraffe that people quit saying "hey look there's a giraffe."
Daniel and Sean in look out position ready to snap a picture.

Zebra crossing. Everywhere was a zebra crossing. Out guide Rafael said in another month there won't be a zebra or wildebeest anywhere in the reserve. They will have all moved on.

It was so nice to have another kid in the group for Sean to share the experience with.

Wildebeest

There's a cheetah in the tree.

Pride rock. OK, not really but that's what I thought of.  Nala just resting in the sun.

This was our van for the entire trip. It is the only vehicle we road in.



There were lots of ostrich running around. Don was pointing at ostrich way far away. He turned around and handed me the binoculars and asked if I wanted to see and ostrich. I said "like that one that's crossing the road right behind us?" Don looked at the one right next to us and said "yep, just like that one."

Watching giraffe saunter across the savanna was breath taking. They are so graceful. At the zoo they are so caged in that you don't observe their grace.

Such a pretty kitty. I wanted to pet her. I told Rafael I had to go to the bathroom and asked if I could get out of the van while everyone watched the lion. He said I could get out and they would see if who was faster me or the lion. We did see a male lion with one of his women. I'll be doggone if I can find the picture.

We watched this momma and her cubs for awhile.

A leopard.

We only saw one elephant in the wild. Rafael said the elephants don't like all the zebra's and wildebeest.
Baby baboons hanging on a danger sign.

There were baboons sitting along the roads. There would be baboon families lined up along the dirt road. 
Here's our crew as seen by the other half of our tour group. There were a total of 11 people in our group. Most the time we felt like there was only the six of us because we were in two different vans. We met up at rest stops and when we got back to the lodges and hotels all the kids played but when we were on the road we were apart.
Photo of the day was this lioness eating a wildebeest. Awesome. Well not awesome for the wildebeest but awesome site to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment